A good quality dehumidifier is essential in nearly every househould in the UK. Dehumidifiers help regulate the humidity of a home, allowing you to live in a pleasant atmosphere which keeps high humidity, damp, rot and condensation at bay. Do you need a dehumidifier? Read these 10 reasons from dehumidifier experts, Breathing Space, to find out more.
Cut down on your electricity and heating bills with a low power desiccant dehumidifier. Desiccant dehumidifiers
use very little energy and are the best dehumidifiers to use during the colder autumn and winter months, especially in the UK.
2. Dehumidifiers extract moisture from the air. The moisture in the air from the high humidity is what causes wallpaper to peel and fade. Place a dehumidifier in the room where you are experiencing peeling wallpaper and watch how much of a difference it makes.
3. If you have a carpet which is often tread on with wet feet then you will know just how unpleasant it begins to smell after a while. The musty smell caused by damp carpets can be treated and prevented with a home dehumidifier. The dehumidifier will work to remove the moisture from the area and surrounding air.
Mould and mildew is pretty nasty stuff. It is made up of bacteria and can cause illnesses if you come in to contact
with it. Mould and mildew thrives in warm and wet conditions. Prevent mould and mildew by keeping the air warm with a dehumidifier.
5. Slugs and silverfish are attracted to dark, warm and damp conditions. Dehumidifiers keep the area dry and free from moisture which slugs and silverfish are so attracted to. Killing slugs and silverfish will only solve the problem of these unwanted neighbours temporarily. Use a dehumidifier to keep slugs and silverfish away.
High humidity causes wood and structures with wooden supports many problems. The moisture in the air causes wood to shrink, expand, and in many cases, rot. A dehumidifier
will prevent rot and damp from setting in.
7. Keep your clothes dry and smelling fresh by letting them dry in a room with an active dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers draw the dampness from clothes meaning they dry quicker, less creased and they smell fresh. After all, nobody actually likes that musty damp smell do they?
8. It is imperative that you keep all those old family photo albums dry. Leaving photographs, photobooks and photo albums in a garage or spare room puts them in danger of feeling the effects of damp and condensation. A dehumidifier will keep the area dry and your photos and documents will not be ruined.
9. Dehumidifiers help pets dry more quickly and cleanly. Pets smell fresher when dehumidifiers are positioned in the room that they spend most of their time in, making a home with a pet a much more pleasant place to live.
Ever tried to turn on an electrical
item which has been in the garage or basement for a long time and been surprised when it does not work? That is because it has been damaged by damp. High humidity means moisture in the air gets inside electrical items. Moisture also damages furniture and other belongings
. A quality home dehumidifier will protect your home and all its belongings from the damage that high humidity can cause.