All real estate experts agree that if you would like to resell your home, you should exhibit your kitchen in excellent condition as kitchens are the heart of a home. Considering that it is the area of the home that largely endures wear and tear, it is a practical choice to commit early on kitchen redo projects. Most preferred enhancements are investing on stainless steel kitchen appliances and granite/marble counter-tops to improve the aesthetic appeal to the kitchen, increasing its functionality with dual stoves and sinks, and including details like under-cabinet lighting and installing modern knobs, new faucets, etc.
1. Assessing what you already have. If it is somewhat current and in fairly good state, there is the option of leaving it as is. You could undertake several simple updates like repainting or re-polishing cabinets and placing new knobs to give the kitchen a fresh look. Do not forget not to waste money and spend too much on your project, a safe cost estimate is not going over 10% of your home’s market value.
2. De-clutter your home kitchen. The general guideline here is to not leave more than a pair of items on the kitchen counter-top, but leave only the most useful items like a coffee pot. Then give life to the spot with plants and flowers or a basket of fresh fruits.
3. Straighten the kitchen. Since kitchen spaces are among the most used area in the house, it is also the dirtiest, so suit up and do some serious scrubbing up. You may have to change out worn out floor tiles or do a full makeover of the floors if needed. Change old cabinets with current styles or do cheap updates like re-painting, varnishing and polishing worn-out cabinets. Evaluate carefully for cracks and fix it. When repainting, be very careful with your choice of color and take note of what will attract most buyers. Also have a look at what is popular or in style in the area when opting for a fresh look for your closets.
4. Fix and upgrade faucets and light fixtures especially if they are worn out and/or way too old and old-fashioned. Revamping the look of these fixtures will contribute to a greater resale value.
5. Opt for granite or marble counter-tops since almost all people want them and often look forward to them in most kitchens.
6. Add some space. The kitchen is the busiest section and where the action is– for most individuals at least. While big kitchens are status symbol, you don’t really need to go big; a sensible efficient workspace will work well where the stove, sink and refrigerator are just a couple of steps away.
If you are looking for more inexpensive home styling Brisbane tricks, simply visit the Castle Hire website.