If you are in the import and export business you probably already know that a freight forwarder agent is an individual or company who handles product shipments through the use of various carriers like trucks, shipping vessels, railroads and airplanes. The main role of a forwarder is to oversee the movement of certain cargoes to and from their specific destinations. It is necessary to choose a company that is known for its reliability, competency and years of experience in the business. Here are some tips that you can use to choose the right forwarder for you.
1. Size doesn’t always matter. It is not necessary to hire a big firm that will manage the shipment of your cargo. This is because small firms typically provide quality personal forwarding services. However, it is important to make sure that company will be able to accommodate all your shipping needs on a continuous basis.
2. Stability is the key. Just like choosing any kind of service provider, stability is one of the business characteristics that you should first look for in a freight forwarding company. It is important to make sure that the company has several years of experience in the business. By so doing you can be assured that you are making the right choice.
3. You’re the boss. The firm that you should pick should have the capacity, resources and expertise to manage different kinds of products and ship them based on your preferences. It is also important to check if the forwarder can handle the customs clearance and other shipping documents.
4. A good communicator. The freight forwarder in Perthcompany that you must choose should be able to explain the shipment process to you in a clear and elaborate manner. Keep in mind that the key to this kind of business is proper communication. So, make sure that the company you will hire speaks your language fluently.
5. Knowledge is power. You need to choose a forwarder that has high level of understanding and comfort with the product that you require to be shipped. If your products have special shipping requirements, you need to make sure that the forwarder has good knowledge abut them.
6. Satisfaction guarantee. Make sure that the company you want to hire can give you a number of references. You need to make sure that the company comes highly recommended by other importers and exporters like yourself. So, try to gather some information about their previous clients and find out what they have to say about the services of your prospective company.