If you have kids at home with you for the summer, then you know firsthand that schedules are out the window, your routine is disrupted and summer organizing is in order! You can still enjoy the lazy days of summer without having total chaos take over your home.
Here are a few sanity saving tips to get you through to the first day of school and get organized:
- Keep a bedtime routine, even if bed and wake up times are later than during the school year.
- Have kids help out around the house, even little ones. They can choose from a chore jar or write their own list and when all is done, it’s time for fun! You shouldn’t have to do it all.
- Keep outdoor toys organized in plastic tubs and easy to reach to keep little ones busy outside.
- Create an “on the go” kit with sunscreen, bug repellant, band aids, sunglasses, snacks & drinks.
- Make sure you have an updated list of emergency numbers and contacts for babysitters.
- Map out all the free events for kids in your area such as library events & concerts in the park and then write them on your calendar.
- Plan your meals for the week and do your shopping all at one time. This isn’t the time to have to run to the store every day with unwilling little people!
- Summer organizing can be as easy as enlisting a little help, doing a little planning and then you can relax and enjoy your summer! Labor Day will be here before you know it!